In this video, you can learn about what is considered to be cloud storage, the different types of cloud storage and storage providers, and why people or businesses might choose this option over traditional local storage.
- [Instructor] Let's take some time in this chapter…to focus on cloud storage.…When we look at the name cloud storage,…it suggests exactly what you might think.…Storing your data with a cloud storage service provider,…instead of keeping that data on a local system.…To get your data stored on the cloud…you use an internet connection.…Let's take a look at the advantages of cloud storage…over the traditional storage techniques.…First of all, you can get at your data from anywhere…as long as you have an internet connection.…
This is appealing to road warriors,…who can use any computer or mobile device…and there's no need to carry around physical storage devices…like external hard drives,…when they need to be mobile.…And if your business have multiple branch offices,…they can all get access to the same data…stored on the cloud.…There's a wide variety of storage service providers…and a wide range of services they provide.…Some allow storage of many types of data,…while others are more specific,…allowing you to store one type of data…
- Cloud components and infrastructure
- Cloud computing benefits
- Cloud security
- Cloud storage considerations
- Working with Google G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, iCloud, and more
- Using collaboration tools: Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, and more
- Migrating to the cloud
- Monitoring the performance of your cloud services
Skill Level Beginner
1. Cloud Computing Basics
2. Evaluate Cloud Computing for Business
3. Cloud Storage
About storage providers2m 1s
4. Cloud Tools and Services
5. Cloud Tools for Teams
6. Migrate to the Cloud
7. Evaluate Cloud Performance
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.