Review major processes that can be implemented at the service desk and why they are critical to success.
- Have you ever contacted a service desk…and received the runaround?…Maybe you received an email that didn't make any sense,…or you talked to two different technicians,…who both gave you different information.…And then only to have a supervisor tell…you something completely different?…I think we can all relate.…The issue is many service desks have a lack…of processes that are documented and followed.…There are many service desk processes to review.…We are going to use a common service desk scenario…to highlight an overview major processes.…
Our goal is to use this example and illustrate at an…awareness level, the role of each process in a service desk.…So, our example starts like this, a customer is using…a software tool and is trying to perform a function,…and keeps getting an error message.…After a few attempts, the customer starts thinking,…maybe they should contact the service desk,…but before contacting the service desk,…the customer decides to go to the self-service portal…to look and see if there's any information…
- What is a service desk?
- Understanding the different service desk models
- Staffing the service desk
- Training staff
- Mentoring and coaching
- Defining processes
- Reviewing technology, including telephony and management systems
- Measuring quality
- Building relationships
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
1. What Is a Service Desk?
2. Service Desk: The People
3. Service Desk: The Processes
4. Service Desk: The Technology
5. Service Desk Quality
6. Building Relationships
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.