Get an overview of the importance of processes, how to implement them.
- Let's pick right back up where we left off.…Our technician is working on our software incident…from a customer.…It was at the point of escalation…after trying to utilize all the knowledge resources…to resolve.…The technician is going to escalate…via the standard operating procedures…documented in the organization's incident…management process.…For this particular software,…since it's used for processing payments,…the escalation SOP instructs the technician…to escalate via their service management system…and also to call the application support group directly.…
This SOP was written based on the service level…requirements from the customer.…Now that the incident has been escalated,…the application technician who receives the escalation…will now look in the documentation and review…all the notes.…While reviewing the escalation,…the application technician realizes that a master ticket…or what some might call a problem record…has been opened within the last five minutes…for this particular error message.…This opening of a problem record…
- What is a service desk?
- Understanding the different service desk models
- Staffing the service desk
- Training staff
- Mentoring and coaching
- Defining processes
- Reviewing technology, including telephony and management systems
- Measuring quality
- Building relationships
Skill Level Intermediate
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
1. What Is a Service Desk?
2. Service Desk: The People
3. Service Desk: The Processes
4. Service Desk: The Technology
5. Service Desk Quality
6. Building Relationships
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.