Join Fancy Mills for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of incident management requests, part of IT Service Desk: Management Fundamentals.
- [Instructor] So now let's look at the two processes…that I recommend companies start with,…incident management and request fulfillment.…An incident is a break fix issue…and a request is a request for information,…requesting a service or a change.…There's nothing actually broken that needs to be fixed.…Requests will be managed through a separate process…that focuses on ensuring requests are implemented…to the customer's satisfaction…and based on service-level requirements.…Back to our scenario.…Now the technician starts to troubleshoot the issue,…confirms the error message…and categorizes this issue as an incident.…
The technician wants to confirm all the information…related to the software.…Is this an authorized software?…For this specific customer?…What's the licensing information?…What version is the customer on?…All this information can be stored in a…configuration management database,…which is a database that houses all pertinent information…related to items within the infrastructure,…like software in this example.…
- What is a service desk?
- Understanding the different service desk models
- Staffing the service desk
- Training staff
- Mentoring and coaching
- Defining processes
- Reviewing technology, including telephony and management systems
- Measuring quality
- Building relationships
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
1. What Is a Service Desk?
2. Service Desk: The People
3. Service Desk: The Processes
4. Service Desk: The Technology
5. Service Desk Quality
6. Building Relationships
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.