Learn about regression analysis.
- Have you ever noticed how one thing…can somehow influence another?…In other words, two items or two events can be correlated.…For example, ice cream sales go up…as the temperature goes up.…Remember however that correlation does not imply causation.…For example, there's a strong positive correlation…between per capita consumption of mozzarella cheese…and the number of civil engineering doctorates awarded,…but that doesn't mean that cheese consumption affects…the affinity for postgrad academia in civil engineering.…Regression analysis is a primary statistical technique…in understanding the relationship between things.…
In our case, those things are marketing output…and business outcomes.…In this course, we'll focus specifically…on linear regression.…In linear regression analysis, we assess at least two data…points, an independent variable and a dependent variable.…Here's a quick definition for each type.…A dependent variable is a thing that…may be influenced by some other thing.…A rainy day often means umbrellas are being used.…
In this course, discover how to gain valuable insights from large data sets using specific languages and tools. Follow Chris DallaVilla as he walks through how to use R, Python, and Tableau to perform data modeling and assess performance. As Chris dives into these concepts, he shares specific case studies that come directly from his own work with clients. Plus, he shares three essential—and practical—best practices for data-driven marketing that you can use to bolster your organization's marketing performance.
- Installing R, Python, and Tableau
- Navigating the UI for R, Python, and Tableau
- Using R, Python, and Tableau
- Exploratory analysis
- Performing regression analysis
- Performing a cluster analysis
- Performing a conjoint assessment
- Stakeholder alignment
Skill Level Intermediate
Online Marketing Foundations: Digital Marketing Researchwith Adriaan Brits1h 20m Appropriate for all
Learning Data Science: Manage Your Teamwith Doug Rose1h 14m Appropriate for all
Learning Data Science: Ask Great Questionswith Doug Rose1h 14m Appropriate for all
Learning Data Science: Tell Stories With Datawith Doug Rose1h 17m Appropriate for all
1. Software Installation
2. Data, Exploratory Analysis, and Performance Analysis
3. Inference and Regression Analysis
5. Cluster Analysis
6. Conjoint Analysis
7. Best Practices
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.