Learn about exploratory analysis and the steps to performing such an analysis.
- You can think of exploratory analysis as that moment…in a data analysis project similar to beginning a hike.…So, this is where you're just setting out on the trail head.…It's where the problem, the data,…and the tools, they all converge.…Now, you might have a sense of what lies ahead,…but you're not entirely certain…and so you start to experience that trail.…Most often, exploratory analysis is all about…visualizing the data you have on hand.…It's about summarizing certain characteristics.…This really helps you to get comfortable…with what you're working with.…
It helps you to get familiar with that data…and sometimes this approach can help you to see…what narrative the analysis might divulge…prior to statistical modeling.…For this chapter on exploratory analysis,…imagine the following.…You're working as a consultant for a marketing team…for one of the airlines.…The particular airline is positioned as a low-cost carrier…with a dynamic brand full of personality.…Assessing market dynamics over the past few years,…
In this course, discover how to gain valuable insights from large data sets using specific languages and tools. Follow Chris DallaVilla as he walks through how to use R, Python, and Tableau to perform data modeling and assess performance. As Chris dives into these concepts, he shares specific case studies that come directly from his own work with clients. Plus, he shares three essential—and practical—best practices for data-driven marketing that you can use to bolster your organization's marketing performance.
- Installing R, Python, and Tableau
- Navigating the UI for R, Python, and Tableau
- Using R, Python, and Tableau
- Exploratory analysis
- Performing regression analysis
- Performing a cluster analysis
- Performing a conjoint assessment
- Stakeholder alignment
Skill Level Intermediate
Online Marketing Foundations: Digital Marketing Researchwith Adriaan Brits1h 5m Appropriate for all
Learning Data Science: Manage Your Teamwith Doug Rose1h 14m Appropriate for all
Learning Data Science: Ask Great Questionswith Doug Rose1h 14m Appropriate for all
Learning Data Science: Tell Stories With Datawith Doug Rose1h 17m Appropriate for all
1. Software Installation
2. Data, Exploratory Analysis, and Performance Analysis
3. Inference and Regression Analysis
5. Cluster Analysis
6. Conjoint Analysis
7. Best Practices
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.