Information security leaders must align their activities with those of other business functions to ensure the safeguarding of all institutional assets. This includes alignment with the organization's governance processes, as well as involving security in discussions around the acquisition and divestiture of other firms.
- [Narrator] As a business function,…information security must align itself…with the many other functions taking place…inside an organization.…I already talked about some of the routine…management tasks that information security leaders…take on when managing human resources…and financial budgets.…Those are pretty much the same concerns…that any other manager in the organization has.…Let's take a look at the specific business processes…that have a security impact.…First, information security must align itself…with the governance processes of the organization.…
These governance processes take place…at many different levels.…They may consist of an information governance committee…that includes senior leaders…with oversight of information security…and data governance functions.…The organization may also have a risk management committee…consisting of executives charged…with managing all risks to the organization…from any source.…In publicly traded companies and non-profit organizations,…the most senior level of governance…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.