Information security leaders must align their activities with those of other business functions to ensure the safeguarding of all institutional assets. This includes alignment with the organization's governance processes as well as involving security in discussions around the acquisition and divestiture of other firms.
- [Narrator] As a business function,…information security must align itself…with the many other functions…taking place inside an organization.…I already talked about some of the routine…management tasks that information security leaders…take on when managing human resources…and financial budgets.…Those are pretty much the same concerns…that any other manager in the organization has.…Let's take a look at the specific business processes…that have a security impact.…First, information security must align itself…with the governance processes of the organization.…
These governance processes take place…at many different levels.…They may consist of an information governance committee…that includes senior leaders with oversight…of information security and data governance functions.…The organization may also have a risk management committee…consisting of executives charged…with managing all risks to the organization…from any source.…In publicly traded companies and non-profit organizations…the most senior level of governance…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.