This video discusses monitoring, maintenance, configuration, and change management.
- [Instructor] Operational activities are conducted…on a daily basis by your organization.…The majority of a system's life is spent in the operations…and maintenance phase.…During this time, it is imperative…that the proper security controls are in place…to protect our systems from attack.…Before a system is transitioned into operations,…a proper risk assessment and vulnerability analysis…should be performed.…This'll help us to identify any weakness…that must be addressed by the security team.…There are three critical operational activities…that occur on a daily basis within your organization.…
These are monitoring, maintenance,…and configuration and change management.…All operational systems should be monitored…for both performance and security issues.…In order to effectively monitor the systems, though,…you must have a valid baseline…to compare the current status against.…Systems are a living organism,…they are modified and they evolve over time.…These evolutions might be minor or simple,…such as installing a new patch…
Looking for study partners?Join the CASP+ Exam study group
To effectively fight off malware and cyberattacks on an enterprise network, IT security professionals must understand how to collaborate with colleagues across their organization and research new and emerging threats. In this installment of the CASP+ Cert Prep series, instructor Jason Dion equips you with research methods and collaboration techniques that can help you implement secure designs in your business, as well as prepare for domain 5 of the CASP+ exam: Research, Development, and Collaboration. Learn methods for researching industry trends that could impact your network, review key security activities across both the systems and software development lifecycles, and discover how to collaborate with stakeholders in a range of different roles, from database administrators to HR teams.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research Methods
2 Security Activities across the Life Cycle
3. Collaboration with Other Business Units
What to do next2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.