Implementing security controls is only the beginning of the risk management journey. In this video, learn how security professionals conduct ongoing risk management activities, including monitoring, control assessment, measurement, reporting and continuous improvement. Each of these activities is an important part of maintaining the organization’s security program.
- [Narrator] Implementing security controls…is only the beginning of the risk management journey.…Security professionals must perform…a variety of ongoing activities to ensure…that risks remain properly managed.…These include monitoring and assessing controls,…measuring control effectiveness, reporting,…and continuous improvement.…Risk assessments represent a point in time analysis…of the risks facing an organization…and the ability of controls to manage those risks properly.…
The risk environment changes on a regular basis,…and organizations should routinely review…their risk assessments as well as perform periodic…control assessments designed to test…the correct functioning and effectiveness of those controls.…For example, most organizations use a firewall…to block unwanted network traffic.…A control assessment of the firewall…might use network scanning tools…to verify that the firewall is not allowing…any unwanted traffic through the network perimeter.…
Organizations should also conduct routine measurement…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A completed Learning Path of the series will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.