Implementing security controls is only the beginning of the risk management journey. In this video, learn how security professionals conduct ongoing risk management activities, including monitoring, control assessment, measurement, reporting, and continuous improvement. Each of these activities is an important part of maintaining the organization’s security program.
- [Instructor] Implementing security controls is only…the beginning of the Risk Management journey.…Security professionals must perform a variety of…ongoing activities to ensure that…risks remain properly managed.…These include monitoring and assessing controls,…measuring control effectiveness,…reporting, and continuous improvement.…Risk assessments represent a point in time analysis,…the risks facing an organization…and the ability of controls to manage those risks properly.…
The risk environment changes on a regular basis,…and organizations should routinely review…their risk assessments as well as…perform periodic control assessments designed…to test the correct functioning…and effectiveness of those controls.…For example, most organizations use a firewall to…block unwanted network traffic.…A control assessment of the firewall,…might use network scanning tools to verify that…the firewall is not allowing any unwanted traffic…through the network perimeter.…
Organizations should also conduct routine measurement of…
- Risk management actions
- Ongoing risk management
- Risk management frameworks
- Scanning for threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced vulnerability scanning
- Monitoring log files
- Code review and code tests
- Test coverage analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover identifying threats, understanding attacks, technology and process remediation, remediating vulnerabilities, and security monitoring. In addition, the following topics were updated: risk management and monitoring log files.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Risk Management
2. Threat Modeling
3. Threat Assessment
4. Remediating Vulnerabilites
5. Security Monitoring
6. Software Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.