Learn about the details of object storage, including advantages and disadvantages.
- [Instructor] Now, let's talk about object storage,…and the differences between object and block storage.…So, what's important here is that…the type of storage you pick really…depends on the use case and here we go again…because ultimately object storage…is going to have a particular kind of use case,…specifically when you have to have a storage system…that has the flexibility to store…different kinds of data bits.…Block's typically more structured, object isn't.…We can basically arrange object storage…any way we'd like to, to store any bit…of information that we wanna store,…be it text, be it files, be it video, be it,…you know, multimedia systems.…
All those things are really typically…a better fit for object storage,…where block storage is typically gonna be more structured.…Object storage is in much wider use today than block storage…and the reason is is what we just said.…Ultimately, object storage is gonna have more flexibility,…the ability to deal with different data types,…the ability to deal with non-structured information.…
- Summarize different breach scenarios in regards to cloud security.
- Determine cloud security on the infrastructure, application, and data-levels.
- Identify cloud security services including S+AWS, Microsoft, and third-party solutions.
- Describe cloud encryption including encryption at rest and in-flight.
- Break down cloud compliance services for healthcare, finance, retail, and manufacturing.
- Recognize how to plan your personal or business cloud security.