Join David Linthicum for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Storage.
- So where do you go now with cloud storage?…I suggest you understand…the deeper concepts of cloud storage.…Read up on file storage, object storage, and block storage.…Take a course on LinkedIn, understand how they work.…Then create your own storage solution,…design it from scratch, understanding…the requirements in terms of what you need…in terms of storage, whether it's file,…block, or object, what brands of clouds…you're gonna leverage, how you're gonna…leverage them, and how the applications…are gonna make use of the storage systems.…
Then select the cloud storage that's right for you.…You need to pick a technology and a brand…that's gonna meet the needs of your business,…understanding that it has to be expandable…to the capacity that you're gonna need into the future.…You move from your requirements to the storage systems.…You don't move from the storage…systems to your requirements.…Your applications in business will dictate…what kind of storage systems you need,…and you need to understand that you may…end up with more than one.…
- Summarize different breach scenarios in regards to cloud security.
- Determine cloud security on the infrastructure, application, and data-levels.
- Identify cloud security services including S+AWS, Microsoft, and third-party solutions.
- Describe cloud encryption including encryption at rest and in-flight.
- Break down cloud compliance services for healthcare, finance, retail, and manufacturing.
- Recognize how to plan your personal or business cloud security.