- [Instructor] Thanks for watching. In this course I've shared the primary implications of GDPR that an organization should consider. As a reminder, the information contained in this course does not constitute legal advice. When in doubt, seek licensed legal council. If you'd like to learn more about GDPR, the official site eugdpr.org is your first stop. GDPR-info.eu is a third party resource that summarizes the main tenets of GDPR, and presents them in an easily navigable format.
If you'd like to expand your knowledge about data privacy and security, be sure to check out the other courses in the library. If you'd like to contact me, you can reach me on LinkedIn. Good luck on your GDPR journey. Thanks again.
DISCLAIMER: Neither LinkedIn nor the instructor represents you, and they are not giving legal advice. The information conveyed through this course is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. Certain concepts may not apply in all countries. The views (and legal interpretations) presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Define the objectives of GDPR relating to the personal privacy of citizens.
- Determine the responsibilities of data protection officers under GDPR.
- Identify the rights of citizens in the event of a data breach.
- Review the steps that must be taken in the event of a data breach.
- Describe the notification process in the event of a data breach.
Skill Level Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 33m Intermediate
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. GDPR Basics
2. GDPR Responsiblities
Data protection officer2m 58s
3. Technical Components
5. Data Subject Rights
6. Breach Notification
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.