Join Marc Menninger for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Performing a Technical Security Audit and Assessment.
- In this course, I've covered the basic methodology…for conducting technical security assessments.…I've also demonstrated how to use testing tools…to conduct network sniffing, vulnerability scanning,…and password cracking.…Now, you have enough knowledge to get started…with your own technical security assessments.…The best way to gain the skills and confidence…to conduct security assessments is to actually do them.…If validating security is part of your job,…then it's simply a matter of planning and executing…an assessment.…
Otherwise, you can volunteer or help to shadow…a team conducting assessments in your organization.…You can also build a virtual network of systems at home…and practice conducting security assessments…against them on your own time.…If you haven't already,…I highly recommend watching Malcolm Shore's…Introduction to Kali Linux course.…He explains how to install and run this…important testing platform.…If you find you enjoy conducting security assessments,…you might want to get the certified information…
- Cite the three phases of external security assessments.
- Explain the reasons for conducting a log review.
- Explain what network sniffing is and why it’s used.
- Describe when to use a file integrity checking tool.
- Differentiate between active network discovery and passive network discovery.
- Explain how to scan for vulnerabilities.
- Relate the three techniques useful for validating target vulnerabilities.
- Explain the four-stage methodology of conducting penetration tests.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Technical Security Assessments
2. Technical Security Assessment Reviews
3. Identify and Analyze Targets
4. Validate Target Vulnerabilities
5. Planning Technical Security Assessments
6. Executing the Technical Security Assessment
7. Post-Testing Activities
Report the results2m 16s
Next steps1m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.