Find out what's next, and where to go from here.
- [Instructor] Let's define next steps.…First, you need to consider your need…for a private cloud at all;…consider the cost and the return on investments.…In some instances a public cloud…is going to be a better choice…even with security concerns, and privacy concerns,…and control concerns.…So I urge you to throw in public cloud with private cloud…as you're doing your analysis.…If a private cloud is a requirement,…do your research and define your requirements.…Make sure you understand your security issues,…compatibility issues, virtualization issues,…management issues, hardware and software requirements.…
Basically there could be a 100 things you're tracking…in terms of compatibility and how you're going to get…the application workloads and data on the private cloud…and whether or not they're going to run it or not,…they're compatible, and they're able to be managed,…and all the goodness that makes it a successful solution.…Make sure to test your private cloud with real workloads,…real data, real applications, real code,…
- Private cloud benefits
- Considering the costs
- Determining compatibility
- Assessing security and governance
- Reviewing OpenStack
- Reviewing Microsoft Private Cloud
- Reviewing VMware vCloud Suite
- Reviewing Apache CloudStack
Skill Level Beginner
1. Private Cloud Basics
2. Private Cloud Platforms
4. Microsoft Private Cloud
5. VMware vCloud Suite Private Cloud
6. Apache CloudStack Private Cloud
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.