Forensic investigators are also often interested in the communications sent and received by targeted systems. They may not have access to the system itself or may simply want to get a complete profile of a suspect's communications. That's where network forensics come into play. In this video, learn network forensic analysis techniques as well as the use of big data analysis in forensic investigations.
- [Instructor] Forensic investigators…are also often interested in the communications…sent and received by targeted systems over a network.…They may not have access to the system itself…or may simply want to get a complete picture…of a suspect's communications.…That's where network forensics come into play.…Network transmissions are digital,…consisting of ones and zeros…sent across some form of network media.…Ethernet networks send electrical impulses…over copper wire.…
Fiber-optic networks use pulses of light…transmitted over strands of glass.…And wireless networks use radio waves…to send digital bits through the air.…Whatever media is used,…anyone with access to that media…can capture those pulses as they travel.…Copper and fiber optic cables may be tapped.…Wireless radio signals may be intercepted.…Switches and routers can be compromised.…An attacker might use these techniques…to surreptitiously eavesdrop on network communications.…
Forensic analysts may use the same tools…to monitor suspicious network traffic.…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Computer Forensics (2014)with Jungwoo Ryoo1h 57m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.