Forensic investigators are also often interested in the communications sent and received by targeted systems. They may not have access to the system itself or may simply want to get a complete profile of a suspect's communications. That's where network fo
- [Instructor] Forensic investigators are also…often interested in the communications…sent and received by targeted systems over a network.…They may not have access to the system itself,…or may simply want to get a complete picture…of a suspect's communication.…That's where Network Forensics come into play.…Network transmissions are digital,…consisting of ones and zeros sent across…some form of network media.…Ethernet networks send electrical impulses…over copper wire.…
Fiber optic networks use pulses of light…transmitted over strands of glass.…And wireless networks use radio waves…to send digital bits through the air.…Whatever media is used, anyone with access…to that media can capture those pulses…as they travel.…Copper and fiber optic cables may be tapped.…Wireless radio signals may be intercepted.…Switches and routers can be compromised.…An attacker might use these techniques…to surreptitiously eavesdrop…on network communications.…
Forensic analysts may use the same tools…to monitor suspicious network traffic.…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
- Identifying and classifying security incidents
- Determining incident severity
- Building an incident response program
- Notification, mitigation, recording, and reporting
- Incident symptoms
- Conducting forensic investigations
- Password, network, software, and device forensics
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Assessing Incidents
Threat classification4m 5s
2. Incident Response Process
3. Incident Symptoms
4. Forensic Investigations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.