There are a number of proposed standards and legislation in the works designed to catch up with current security regulations that have the goal of ensuring the privacy of data collected on IoT.
- [Instructor] If we look at this detailed infographic,…it gives us a pretty good understanding of the complexity…of the Internet of Things.…Up at the top, we see applications…that include personal, home, vehicles, enterprise,…and industrial internet.…Then there are platforms and enablement…that include platforms, interfaces, and 3D.…And on the bottom are the building blocks…that include hardware, software, connectivity,…and business partners.…
As the Iot evolves, several groups see the value…of creating standards in order to decrease the flaws…and lock down the devices.…We aren't quite there yet.…Providing security methods for IoT devices…is more challenging than traditional network security…mainly because of the lack of standards, protocols,…and there is no common language.…It's essential that service providers, manufacturers,…and regulators come together to create a more secure IoT.…
The IoT industry is still evolving.…Achieving the goal of security won't be easy…or without challenges.…For example, think about the early days…
In this course, join Lisa Bock as she explores the relationship between security, privacy, and the IoT. Lisa discusses how the vulnerabilities in IoT devices have the potential to compromise user privacy and make them more susceptible to attacks and glitches. In addition, she discusses IoT privacy concerns; existing standards, regulations, and guidelines, such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley; and proposed standards and legislation that are currently in the works to ensure the privacy of the data collected on the IoT.
- Security, privacy, and the IoT
- Attacks and glitches
- Denial-of-sleep attacks
- Voice and sound attacks
- IoT vulnerabilities
- Glitches and compatibility issues
- Privacy concerns
- Existing standards and regulations
- Proposed standards and legislation
- Firewalls and IDS
Skill Level Intermediate
Raspberry Pi: Home Monitoring and Controlwith David Ross1h 29m Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Mobile Devices and Platformswith Malcolm Shore1h 47m Intermediate
2. Potential Attacks and Glitches
5. Existing Standards and Regulations
6. Proposed Standards and Legislation
7. Securing IoT Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.