Take a look at the architecture and security of NB-IoT, the telco solution for IoT proximity connectivity.
- [Instructor] There's been a flurry of startup activity…in the IOT NarrowBand sector, and this has triggered…an interest in new services by the TelCo sector.…The result is the emergence of fully service managed…NarrowBand networks across the telecommunications industry…using a standard known as NarrowBand IOT, or NB-IOT.…While most of the popular comments on TelCo IOT…focuses on NB-IOT, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact…that there is another IOT cellular variant called LTE-M.…
While NB-IOT is designed for massive numbers of devices…which transmit infrequent small data payloads,…LTE-M is designed for light volume data at high rates,…and is much the same as existing mobile data services.…We can see here some of the IOT solution areas…that Korea Telecom has categorized as NB-IOT and LTE-M.…Huawei and Ericsson jointly drove…the development of NB-IOT as we know it now,…and ran the first global trials in 2015.…
The sector standard for NB-IOT…was subsequently finalized in June 2016…by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project, 3GPP.…
- Designing an enterprise architecture
- Architecting security
- Designing IoT security
- Domain specific architectures
- Proximity network services
- IoT application services
- Revised conceptual architecture
Skill Level Intermediate
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
1. Enterprise Architecture
2. Designing IoT Security
3. Domain Specific Architectures
4. Proximity Network Services
5. Application Tier Services
6. Revised Conceptual Architecture
Bringing it all together4m 48s
What's next1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.