In this video, you can learn about ways to monitor the performance of your new cloud-based system, such as connection speed, deployment latency, and lag times, and some of the tools available for monitoring performance.
- [Instructor] Once you've made your move to the cloud…you're work isn't done.…It will be important to ensure a continued good experience.…Monitoring the performance of your cloud systems…will help to make this happen.…And there are a number of tools out there…to help make sure you continue to get what you're paying for…from your service provider.…Let's begin with establishing a baseline and metrics.…You researched your vendors before signing on with them…and there's some research you should be doing…afterwards as well.…Here's some variables you should be checking regularly…for fluctuations.…
Number one, connection speed,…which is the speed at which you connect to the cloud.…This is actually an analysis…of your internet service provider not your cloud vendor…but you do want to see a consistent number here…as opposed to fluctuating connection speeds…with high and low spikes.…Another variable is the datastore delete time…or how long it takes to delete the datastore.…You'll want to be checking datastore read times as well,…
- Cloud components and infrastructure
- Cloud computing benefits
- Cloud security
- Cloud storage considerations
- Working with Google G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, iCloud, and more
- Using collaboration tools: Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, and more
- Migrating to the cloud
- Monitoring the performance of your cloud services
Skill Level Beginner
1. Cloud Computing Basics
2. Evaluate Cloud Computing for Business
3. Cloud Storage
About storage providers2m 1s
4. Cloud Tools and Services
5. Cloud Tools for Teams
6. Migrate to the Cloud
7. Evaluate Cloud Performance
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.