See the EMR monitoring and logging tools available in the EMR (managed Hadoop) console. Tools include viewing EMR cluster resource usage.
- [Female Instructor] You're probably getting the idea…of the types of metrics…that Amazon provides for services via the console,…but let's look at one more service,…managed Hadoop or Elastic Map Reduce.…This is called EMR.…I'm going to go ahead and click…the blue create cluster button.…I'm going to call it MyDemo.…I'm going to accept the defaults.…Note that it selects an m3 xlarge set of instances,…three of them.…
These are EC2 instances by default.…I'm going to select my key pair from demo,…which we downloaded earlier.…I'm going to accept the rest of the defaults…and click create cluster.…Now this takes up to 15 minutes,…so I'm going to go ahead and pause the video…and then come back and show you the monitoring…after the cluster has been created.…So, here we have our cluster, and we're going to go ahead…and click it to look at the details, in terms of monitoring.…
You can see that we have the metadata,…and this should be very similar,…looking at some of the other services.…And this is by design.…One of the great things about understanding how Amazon…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Deploying and Provisioningwith Brandon Rich3h 18m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.