See the EC2 monitoring and logging tools available in the EC2 console. Tools include viewing core metrics such as CPU, memory, and IO usage. See how to enable advanced metrics for CloudWatch for EC2.
- [Narrator] The next service we're going to spin up…so we can look at monitoring in the console is Amazon EC2.…So in the cloud formation samples…page click on the EC2 link.…Amazon EC2 instance with an elastic IP address,…we're going to use this one, but before we do,…because I've reviewed this in advance,…we need to set up a key to work with this machine.…So to do that I'm going to go ahead and go over…to the management console and I'm going to go to EC2…and I'm going to go to key pairs…and I'm going to create a key pair.…
I'm going to call this one demo,…and now this is downloaded.…So I'm going to need this value for the template…in order for it to work.…I'm going to go back to the page with the launch stack button,…going to click it.…In cloud formation I see that this file is selected.…I'll click the blue next button.…Under the parameters for the key name…I'll click the drop down, and I'll select…the key name that I just downloaded.…It's demo.pim but it's called demo here.…
I'll click the blue next button.…I'll use the best practice of tagging by filling in…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Deploying and Provisioningwith Brandon Rich3h 18m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.