Explore the considerations for mobile device encryption, including elliptic curve cryptography.
- As our organizations networks become more mobile,…we have to consider the challenges that these…devices introduce.…Mobile devices have much less processing power…than our desktops, our laptops, and our servers.…Unfortunately, security encryption requires…additional processing overhead and therefore…many of our traditional methods of…encryption are simply too processor intensive…for these mobile devices.…To overcome this processor limitation,…elliptic curve cryptography, or ECC,…was introduced.…ECC is a form of public key cryptography that's…based upon the algebraic structure of elliptic…curves over finite fields.…
Now basically this means that instead of…relying on real numbers and complex mathematics…to encrypt the data, ECC instead gives us points…on a graph that satisfy a single algebraic formula.…Because of the method,…elliptic curve cryptography can create…equivalent levels of security using smaller keys…that require less processing power.…For example, a 256 bit elliptic curve public key…is equivalent to the strength of a 3,072 bit RSA…
- Adapting data flow security to changing business needs
- Provisioning and deprovisioning resources
- Security and privacy considerations of storage integration
- Integrating the cloud and virtualization into the secure enterprise architecture
- Identity proofing and identity propagation
- Integrating cryptographic techniques into the secure enterprise architecture
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Mobile device encryption considerations
- Integrating secure communications and collaboration solutions
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
CASP+ Cert Prep: 1 Risk Managementwith Jason Dion2h 34m Advanced
1. Integrating Hosts, Storage, Networks, and Applications into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
2. Integrating the Cloud and Virtualization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
3. Integrating Authentication and Authorization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
4. Integrating Cryptographic Techniques into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
5. Integrating Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
What next?3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.