Join David Bombal for an in-depth discussion in this video Mininet -change subnet used --Ipbase, part of Practical Software-Defined Networking: 3 Learning Mininet.
- [Instructor] So, in this example,…I'm gonna start another single topology…with four switches…and one of the things you'll notice…is the PCs have IP addresses 10.0.0.1,…10.0.0.2, three, four and so forth.…So, they're getting IP addresses…in the range…10.0.0, so notice…the IP addresses here,…10.0.0.1, two, three, four.…
Is it possible to change the subnet?…And the answer is yes,…so we could specify ipbase…and let's specify another network…of let's say 10.1.1.0.…So, previously you notice it was 10.0.0…but now I'm gonna specify 10.1.1.0/24.…If we type dump now,…notice the IP addresses have changed.…
Do a ping all, reload,…notice IP addresses have now changed to an IP address…in the specified subnet.…
Note: This course uses GNS3 for all demonstrations.
- Why Mininet?
- Working with Mininet commands
- sudo mn
- Starting a web server on a Mininet host
- Configuring Mininet MAC addresses
- Mininet linear, tree, and torus topologies
- Bridging Mininet to the outside world
- Mininet OpenFlow version
Skill Level Beginner
Networking Foundations: IP Addressingwith Timothy Pintello2h 35m Intermediate
Networking Foundations: Network Media (LANs)with Greg Sowell1h 9m Intermediate
1. Mininet Overview
2. Mininet Integration with ODL
3. Mininet Commands
4. Mininet Topologies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.