Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Metrics and measurements, part of CySA+ Cert Prep: 4 Security Governance.
- [Narrator] Organizations evaluate their security programs…through the use of metrics, that assess the efficiency…and effectiveness of critical security controls.…These measurements provide insight into the health…of the security program, both at a single point in time…and over a long term basis.…It's critical that organizations define the metrics…and performance measurements they will use…in advance of reporting the data.…This ensures the integrity of the process…and prevents the cherry picking of favorable results…for reporting purposes.…
Security programs use two primary types of metrics…to demonstrate their effectiveness…and the state of the organization's security controls.…Key performance indicators or KPIs are metrics…that demonstrate the success of the security program…in achieving its objectives.…KPIs are mutually agreed upon measures…that evaluate whether a security program…is meeting its defined goals.…Generally speaking, KPIs are a look backwards…at historical performance.…
Providing a yardstick to evaluate the past success…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.