Learn about message authentication techniques.
- [Instructor] A message authentication code…works very similarly to digital signing of an email…or code signing of an application.…There are three types of message authentication codes,…HMAC, CBC-MAC, and CMAC.…The first type is called HMAC which stands for Hash MAC.…HMAC provides data integrity and authentication…by using a hashing function with a symmetric key.…HMAC can be used with either the MD5…or SHA family of hashes.…HMAC can help reduce the number of collisions as well…because it uses that symmetric encryption key…to create additional unique outputs…over using just a normal message digest.…
The second type of MAC is the Cipher Block Chaining MAC,…or CBC-MAC.…CBC-MAC utilizes a block-cipher encryption method.…We'll cover the block versus stream ciphers…in a later lesson, though.…CBC-MAC provides both data integrity…and authentication, as well.…The third kind of MAC is called the cipher-based MAC,…or CMAC.…CMAC operates a lot like the cipher-block chaining MAC…because it also uses a block-type cipher.…But it improves upon some security issues…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Adapting data flow security to changing business needs
- Provisioning and deprovisioning resources
- Security and privacy considerations of storage integration
- Integrating the cloud and virtualization into the secure enterprise architecture
- Identity proofing and identity propagation
- Integrating cryptographic techniques into the secure enterprise architecture
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Mobile device encryption considerations
- Integrating secure communications and collaboration solutions
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
CASP+ Cert Prep: 1 Risk Managementwith Jason Dion2h 34m Advanced
1. Integrating Hosts, Storage, Networks, and Applications into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
2. Integrating the Cloud and Virtualization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
3. Integrating Authentication and Authorization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
4. Integrating Cryptographic Techniques into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
5. Integrating Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
What next?3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.