Learn about how to foster mentoring on your team.
- Mentoring is a great tool for training,…socialization, and building teams.…Mentoring is defined as a more experienced…team member guiding and developing…the knowledge, skills, and abilities of a peer.…The mentor relationship requires trust,…collaboration, and guidance for both mentor and mentee.…In my experience in building mentor programs,…what worked for us is to first assess…the knowledge, skills, and abilities…of each individual to determine who can become a mentor,…and in what specific areas.…
What I found is that not everyone has…the skill to be a mentor in every area.…Our team members would also go through…training with me that consisted of a two to four hour…training session on topics like,…what does it mean to be a mentor?…How to foster trust, listening skills,…and how to ask appropriate questions to guide your mentee.…This training was required for all mentors…and really helped to contribute to the success…of our program.…
By using your KSA matrix that we created…earlier as a guide you can start to create…
- What is a service desk?
- Understanding the different service desk models
- Staffing the service desk
- Training staff
- Mentoring and coaching
- Defining processes
- Reviewing technology, including telephony and management systems
- Measuring quality
- Building relationships
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is a Service Desk?
2. Service Desk: The People
3. Service Desk: The Processes
4. Service Desk: The Technology
5. Service Desk Quality
6. Building Relationships
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.