Organizations must be sure to take steps to measure the effectiveness of their security education efforts and justify the investment of resources in these programs. In this video, learn about surveys and other means that can be used to measure the effectiveness of security and compliance training programs.
- [Instructor] Security awareness programs…must continuously evolve,…as both business and security requirements change…and new threats emerge.…Security professionals should use their awareness metrics…and industry research to guide the updating…of security awareness efforts.…Any awareness program should include…three important components.…First, security training includes in person…and online classes and seminars,…designed to share important security information…with employees and other stakeholders.…
Second, security education provides…advanced formal knowledge of information security…to security practitioners.…Education includes formal degree programs…and other highly structured courses…and certificate programs.…And third, security awareness efforts…are designed to remind employees of their responsibilities…on a routine basis, keeping security top of mind.…Each of these three components should be updated…during any security awareness program review.…
The awareness program review should also verify…the types of awareness, training, and education…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.