Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Maturity models, part of CySA+ Cert Prep: 4 Security Governance.
- [Narrator] Every organization is at a different…state in its maturity when it comes to software development.…Some are just getting started, while others…have very thorough processes in place…that result in securely designed code.…Maturity models provide a way for organizations…to evaluate themselves against a standard…benchmark and identify the next steps in…evolving their software development practices.…The Software Engineering Institute or SEI…at Carnegie Mellon University developed…the Software Capability Maturity Model,…often referred to by the acronym SW CMM.…
This model helps organizations identify…where they are in the maturation process.…It consists of five different levels:…Initial, Repeatable, Defined, Managed and Optimizing.…When an organization is at Level One, Initial,…they are just getting started with…software development and typically…don't have a defined software development process.…They're creating software with good intentions,…but don't follow sound engineering practices.…
The next step in an organization's development…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.