The IoT is transforming and improving businesses. Currently, nearly 90% of companies are planning to deploy IoT devices, from cameras to sensors and automated desks. Are they ready?
- [Instructor] IoT devices are becoming more pervasive…than mobile phones.…Consumers want to adopt many different types of items.…Researchers have discovered over 70% of consumers…plan to buy an in-home IoT product…within the next two years.…The excessive development of all of the IoT products…evolved simply because people started to ask "can we?"…And the answer is yes we can.…
I'm at this website here, IoT Analytics,…on market insights for the Internet of Things.…Let's take a look at a graphic.…I'll scroll down to the middle of the page…and I'll enlarge the image.…Here on this chart, we see some of the most popular…IoT implementations.…Leading this is a Smart Home implementation,…including Smart thermostat, Connected lights,…Smart refrigerators and door locks.…
Followed by Wearables, such as watches,…activity trackers and smart glasses.…Then we see Smart Cities, Smart grid,…Industrial internet and Connected cars.…Manufacturers are rushing to create IoT devices…including article of clothing, luggage…and even items for our pets.…
In this course, join Lisa Bock as she explores the relationship between security, privacy, and the IoT. Lisa discusses how the vulnerabilities in IoT devices have the potential to compromise user privacy and make them more susceptible to attacks and glitches. In addition, she discusses IoT privacy concerns; existing standards, regulations, and guidelines, such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley; and proposed standards and legislation that are currently in the works to ensure the privacy of the data collected on the IoT.
- Security, privacy, and the IoT
- Attacks and glitches
- Denial-of-sleep attacks
- Voice and sound attacks
- IoT vulnerabilities
- Glitches and compatibility issues
- Privacy concerns
- Existing standards and regulations
- Proposed standards and legislation
- Firewalls and IDS
Skill Level Intermediate
Raspberry Pi: Home Monitoring and Controlwith David Ross1h 29m Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Mobile Devices and Platformswith Malcolm Shore1h 47m Intermediate
2. Potential Attacks and Glitches
5. Existing Standards and Regulations
6. Proposed Standards and Legislation
7. Securing IoT Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.