Vendors play an important role in the information technology operations of every organization. In this video, learn how to manage these vendor relationships, including proper onboarding and offboarding procedures, following security policies, and the security risks of integrating systems and data with third parties.
- [Narrator] Vendors play an important role…in the information technology operations…of every organization.…Whether it's the simple purchasing of hardware…or software from an external company…or the provisioning of cloud computing services…from a strategic partner,…vendors are integral in providing the IT services…that we offer our customers.…Security professionals must pay careful attention…to managing vendor relationships…throughout the supply chain,…and doing this in a way that protects…the confidentiality, integrity, and availability…of the organization's information and IT systems.…
Perhaps the most important rule of thumb…is that you should always ensure…that vendors follow security policies…and procedures that are at least as effective…as those you would apply in your own environment.…Vendors extend your organization's technology environment,…and if they handle data on your behalf,…you should expect that they execute…the same degree of care…that you would in your own operations.…Otherwise, vendors may become…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.