Vendors play an important role in the information technology operations of every organization. In this video, learn how to manage these vendor relationships, including proper onboarding and offboarding procedures, following security policies, and the security risks of integrating systems and data with third parties.
- [Narrator] Vendors play an important role…in the information technology operations…of every organization.…Whether it's the simple purchasing…of hardware or software from an external company,…or the provisioning of cloud computing services…from a strategic partner,…vendors are integral in providing the I.T. services…that we offer our customers.…Security professionals must pay careful attention…to managing vendor relationships…throughout the supply chain.…And doing this in a way that protects…the confidentiality, integrity, and availability…of the organization's information and I.T. systems.…
Perhaps the most important rule of thumb…is that you should always ensure that vendors…follow security policies and procedures…that are at least as effective as those…you would apply in your own environment.…Vendors extend your organization's technology environment,…and if they handle data on your behalf,…you should expect that they execute the same degree…of care that you would in your own operations.…Otherwise, vendors may become the weak link in the chain…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.