- Determine whether worms or viruses are a bigger problem.
- Describe the fundamental characteristic of ransomware.
- Recognize the first step in stopping the spread of a network problem.
- Explain the key benefit of stopping processes in active memory.
- Name a benefit of using WSUS for updates.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Scott] In 2003, the Blaster Worm covered the globe in a matter of hours, rendering many Windows workstations useless. 14 years later, WannaCrypt also spread worldwide in less than a day, encrypting important documents and demanding a ransom for safe recovery of the data. Hi, I'm Scott Burrell. Over two decades of experience in the world of computer networks has taught me that the threats will not stop coming. In this course, we're going to outline the steps that you can take to recover from a malware attack on your network.
Then we will explore the preventative measures that can be taken before the storm, measures that include your servers and workstations, your networks, and even your computer's users all working together to create the nearly perfect world where malware doesn't stand a chance.