In this video, you can learn about the steps involved in migrating to the cloud, and know how to develop a migration plan to prepare for a smooth transition from your current scenario to a cloud scenario.
- [Narrator] Migrating to the cloud…requires some careful planning,…if you want to get it done right…and with as little hassle as possible.…So let's explore a good road map for moving into the cloud.…Number one, get educated, you can start by getting…a rough picture of your current infrastructure,…and calculate equivalent cost in the cloud.…You can get a very good general estimate…of your cost savings by simply getting…the CPU and memory footprint of your current machines,…as well as your current bandwidth usage,…and the look up prices at Raskspace Cloud or Amazon EC2.…
Once you've verified the savings,…it could provide you with the ammunition…you need to get that green light.…Next, assess which parts of your application,…typically database, must either reside in house,…or at a managed host, if your apps have any…HIPA or PCI requirements, for example,…learn the impacts of moving them to the cloud as well.…And why not hire some pros, bring in professionals,…and leverage all their successes and failures,…lots of other people have made the discoveries…
- Cloud components and infrastructure
- Cloud computing benefits
- Cloud security
- Cloud storage considerations
- Working with Google G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, iCloud, and more
- Using collaboration tools: Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, and more
- Migrating to the cloud
- Monitoring the performance of your cloud services
Skill Level Beginner
1. Cloud Computing Basics
2. Evaluate Cloud Computing for Business
3. Cloud Storage
About storage providers2m 1s
4. Cloud Tools and Services
5. Cloud Tools for Teams
6. Migrate to the Cloud
7. Evaluate Cloud Performance
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.