The lessons learned process is designed to provide everyone involved in the incident response effort an opportunity to reflect on their individual role in the incident and the team's response overall. It is an opportunity to improve the processes and technologies used in incident response to better respond to future security crises.
- [Instructor] Once the incident response team…returns the organization to a normal operating state,…all too often the response effort ends without completing…an important final step, conducting a…lessons learned session and writing up the results…in an incident report.…The lessons learned process is designed to provide…everyone involved in the incident response effort…an opportunity to reflect on their individual role…in the incident and the team's response overall.…It's an opportunity to improve the processes…and technologies used in incident response…to better respond to future security crises.…
The most common way to conduct lessons learned…is to gather everyone in the same room or connect them…via teleconference or video conference and ask…a trained facilitator to lead a lessons learned session.…Ideally this facilitator should have played no role…in the incident response, leaving him or her…with no preconceived notions about the response.…The facilitator should be a neutral party…who simply helps guide the conversation.…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Computer Forensics (2014)with Jungwoo Ryoo1h 57m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.