- Summarize different breach scenarios in regards to cloud security.
- Determine cloud security on the infrastructure, application, and data-levels.
- Identify cloud security services including S+AWS, Microsoft, and third-party solutions.
- Describe cloud encryption including encryption at rest and in-flight.
- Break down cloud compliance services for healthcare, finance, retail, and manufacturing.
- Recognize how to plan your personal or business cloud security.
Skill Level Beginner
- Cloud storage is the most utilized area of public cloud computing. Indeed, as data explodes within the enterprise, IT not only needs cloud storage, but has been mandated to make it work as soon as possible. The path to understanding cloud storage means dealing with emerging concepts. The storage that we leveraged decades ago is not storage we're leveraging today. Object-based systems that provide almost unlimited scalability are the norm, and cloud-based platforms are the only place to find those systems. This course is designed as a high-level overview of storage and is not intended to be a detailed tutorial.
We'll begin with understanding the basics of cloud storage, including file, block, and object storage. Next, we'll run through a quick example of AWS cloud storage and then we'll discuss cloud storage planning, including how to understand your own requirements. Finally, we'll focus on cloud storage use cases, including file, data, and how to leverage logging and other management tools. Let's get started.