- Understanding the business case for moving to the cloud
- Understanding the risks in moving to the cloud
- Moving to public and private clouds
- Identifying workloads that should migrate to the cloud
- Picking a target platform
- Using AWS, Microsoft, and Google migration tools
- Setting up a migration factory
- Migrating at scale
- Considering security
Skill Level Intermediate
- Welcome to my course, Application Migration to the Cloud. My name's Dave Linthicum. Application migration into the cloud is the single most important thing that IT will do in the next 10 years. It's important because we need to understand the existing workloads, the data, security requirements, compliance requirements, and how they're going to migrate into the cloud. In this course, I'll give you a step wise methodology and approach in moving applications to the cloud. We'll learn how to prioritize applications, understand security, understand governance, everything you need to make your application migration successful.
Let's get started.
1. Introduction to Cloud Migration
2. Selecting the Workloads
Using categories4m 52s
3. Picking the Target Platform
4. Cloud-Based Tools
5. Setting Up a Migration Factory
6. Migration at Scale
Next steps2m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.