In this video, you can learn about the potential risks to moving toward cloud computing, such as outside administrators, compliance, the location of your data and jurisdiction laws, data segregation, recover options, and long term viability.
- [Instructor] While cloud computing…has definitely gained traction…with businesses all over the place,…and the benefits seem overwhelming,…but before you dive right in,…you should be aware of some of the risks.…When searching for the right cloud vendor for you,…be sure to raise the following security issues…if they apply to you and your organization.…First off is privileged user access.…Sensitive data that is processed…outside of your organization…comes with an inherent level of risk…because outsourced services bypass…the physical, logical, and personnel controls…that IT departments exert over in-house programs.…
You should get as much information as you can…about the people who manage your data,…and ask providers to supply specific information…on the hiring and oversight of privileged administrators…and the controls over their access.…Next is regulatory compliance.…You, the customer, are ultimately responsible…for the security and integrity of your own data,…even when it's held by a service provider.…So, use a cloud computing provider…
- Cloud components and infrastructure
- Cloud computing benefits
- Cloud security
- Cloud storage considerations
- Working with Google G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, iCloud, and more
- Using collaboration tools: Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, and more
- Migrating to the cloud
- Monitoring the performance of your cloud services
Skill Level Beginner
1. Cloud Computing Basics
2. Evaluate Cloud Computing for Business
3. Cloud Storage
About storage providers2m 1s
4. Cloud Tools and Services
5. Cloud Tools for Teams
6. Migrate to the Cloud
7. Evaluate Cloud Performance
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.