Learn about knowledge management, training, and workforce management, departments and the job roles.
- [Instructor] As discussed in an earlier video, the training department is responsible for creating and providing education and training that meets the service desk needs. This includes the creation of standard operating procedures, training programs, succession planning and career planning. The training department should be engaged from onboarding to new-hire training to ongoing training. And the training department provides training and information for all new programs, processes, policies and procedures that are being implemented in the program.
Creating and maintaining knowledge is vital to a support organization. Knowledge management focuses on ensuring that information is developed, managed and delivered to analysts and technicians in an efficient and effective manner. There are many roles that are required to ensure that this process is managed properly. Workforce management assists and collaborates with service desk management as well in the areas of tracking attendance, adherence to schedules and shrinkage. The goal of this department is to ensure that the support organization is operating as forecasted and scheduled to meet business needs.
- Reviewing the responsibilities of service desk roles
- IT service desk problem-solving skills
- Diagnosing errors, incidents, and problems
- Security skills
- Key elements of communication
- Essential service desk skills
- Service desk certification paths
- Microsoft certifications
- Service management certifications
- Future service desk trends