Learn about the interoperability issues experienced in enterprise networks such as legacy systems, applications, software types, standard data formats, protocols, and APIs.
- [Instructor] One of the major challenges…that professionals face in the information technology world…is interoperability.…There are numerous different types of systems…and applications that information technology departments…are asked to support on a daily basis.…Each of these systems utilizes different protocols…and standards to communicate and this can become…a real challenge.…In a large organization, there's a good chance…that you'll find at least one legacy system…sitting in your network.…The term legacy system refers to an older technology…that's no longer updated by the manufacturer.…
For example, if you found a Windows XP…or Windows 2000 server on a network,…this is an example of a legacy system…because Microsoft no longer supports…this version of the operating system.…If you must keep the legacy system in operation,…you should limit access to that system as much as possible.…You can do this by using strict access control lists…to protect the data.…The servers should also be placed…in their own network segment whenever possible.…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Adapting data flow security to changing business needs
- Provisioning and deprovisioning resources
- Security and privacy considerations of storage integration
- Integrating the cloud and virtualization into the secure enterprise architecture
- Identity proofing and identity propagation
- Integrating cryptographic techniques into the secure enterprise architecture
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Mobile device encryption considerations
- Integrating secure communications and collaboration solutions
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
CASP+ Cert Prep: 1 Risk Managementwith Jason Dion2h 34m Advanced
1. Integrating Hosts, Storage, Networks, and Applications into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
2. Integrating the Cloud and Virtualization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
3. Integrating Authentication and Authorization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
4. Integrating Cryptographic Techniques into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
5. Integrating Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
What next?3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.