Receive an overview of IoT components that include wearables, mobile devices, and connected cars that all collect data, make decisions, and act with the goal of improving the quality of life.
- [Narrator] The Internet of Things is a collection…of billions of devices attached to the internet…that collect and exchange data using…nodes, sensors and controllers.…A device on the Internet of Things is an…internet connected smart device.…Consumers, businesses, and governments are using…the devices that range from simple…to complex and from small to large.…The design of an IoT device is to do a particular task.…
Such as monitor temperature or record video.…The device gathers data.…It then transmits it to a remote location.…All of the smart devices in our homes,…cars,…hospitals,…offices and airplanes and on ourselves are all…effectively endpoints in the IoT.…Well what's different about an IoT device?…The operating systems are capable yet simple…and have low-processing power and RAM requirements.…
The logic is similar to an OODA loop…developed by military strategists John Boyd,…which is a cycle of observe,…orient,…decide…and act.…The construct of the Internet of Things involves…sensors, which monitor the surroundings…
In this course, join Lisa Bock as she explores the relationship between security, privacy, and the IoT. Lisa discusses how the vulnerabilities in IoT devices have the potential to compromise user privacy and make them more susceptible to attacks and glitches. In addition, she discusses IoT privacy concerns; existing standards, regulations, and guidelines, such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley; and proposed standards and legislation that are currently in the works to ensure the privacy of the data collected on the IoT.
- Security, privacy, and the IoT
- Attacks and glitches
- Denial-of-sleep attacks
- Voice and sound attacks
- IoT vulnerabilities
- Glitches and compatibility issues
- Privacy concerns
- Existing standards and regulations
- Proposed standards and legislation
- Firewalls and IDS
Skill Level Intermediate
Raspberry Pi: Home Monitoring and Controlwith David Ross1h 29m Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Mobile Devices and Platformswith Malcolm Shore1h 47m Intermediate
2. Potential Attacks and Glitches
5. Existing Standards and Regulations
6. Proposed Standards and Legislation
7. Securing IoT Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.