Modern software systems are extremely complex and interrelated. These large systems require many different teams of developers who may work for different companies to tie their code together using standardized interfaces. Testing these interfaces for correct functionality is a critical part of any application development effort. In this video, learn about interface testing.
- [Instructor] Modern software systems…are extremely complex and interrelated.…These large systems require…many different teams of developers…who may even work for different companies…to tie their code together using standardized interfaces.…Testing these interfaces for correct functionality…is a critical part of any application development effort.…Think for a moment about an airline's booking system.…What are some of the business functions…that application developers must handle…when developing this system?…Certainly, they need to be able to book…passengers on flights.…
They also need to be able to schedule airplanes,…manage aircraft maintenance, assign crew to each flight,…track and deliver baggage,…send information to air traffic controllers,…share data with the federal government…for security and aviation safety purposes,…and many other functions.…If I asked you to sit down…and write this system from scratch,…you'd likely find it an impossible task.…It's simply too complicated.…Developers face these challenges every day…
- Risk management actions
- Ongoing risk management
- Risk management frameworks
- Scanning for threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced vulnerability scanning
- Monitoring log files
- Code review and code tests
- Test coverage analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover identifying threats, understanding attacks, technology and process remediation, remediating vulnerabilities, and security monitoring. In addition, the following topics were updated: risk management and monitoring log files.
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Risk Management
2. Threat Modeling
3. Threat Assessment
4. Remediating Vulnerabilites
5. Security Monitoring
6. Software Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.