The legal mechanisms available to protect privacy include copyrights, trademarks, patents, and trade secrets. Each of these mechanisms includes different legal provisions and provides differing levels of protection for an organization's intellectual property. In this video, learn about each of these four mechanisms.
- [Instructor] One of the most important…responsibilities of information security…professionals is protecting the intellectual property…belonging to their organizations from…unauthorized use or disclosure.…There are a series of legal mechanisms…available to protect intellectual property.…These include copyrights, trademarks, patents,…and trade secrets.…Each type of intellectual property protection covers…different types of information in different ways.…Copyrights protect creative works against theft.…
Information protected by copyright includes…books, web content, magazines,…and other written works as well as art, music,…and even computer software.…Copyright protection is automatically granted…to the creator of a work upon creation.…Although copyright owners may choose to register…their copyright with government authorities,…this is not a legal requirement.…In the United States, the Library of Congress administers…the copyright program through the United States…Copyright Office.…
The length of copyright protection varies widely…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.