The legal mechanisms available to protect privacy include copyrights, trademarks, patents, and trade secrets. Each of these mechanisms includes different legal provisions and provides differing levels of protection for an organization's intellectual property. In this video, learn about each of these four mechanisms.
- [Instructor] One of the most important responsibilities…of information security professionals…is protecting the intellectual property…belonging to their organizations…from unauthorized use or disclosure.…There are a series of legal mechanisms available…to protect intellectual property.…These include copyrights, trademarks,…patents, and trade secrets.…Each type of intellectual property protection…covers different types of information in different ways.…Copyrights protect creative works against theft.…
Information protected by copyright includes books,…web content, magazines and other written works,…as well as art, music, and even computer software.…Copyright protection is automatically granted…to the creator of a work upon creation.…Although copyright owners…may choose to register their copyright…with government authorities,…this is not a legal requirement.…In the United States,…the Library of Congress administers the copyright program…through the United States Copyright Office.…
The length of copyright protection varies widely…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.