In this video, learn how to integrate research into the business functions.
- [Instructor] As we discuss all of these…different technologies,…like social media, the cloud, big data,…and artificial intelligence,…we have to think ahead to how these technologies…might be integrated into our various business functions.…For example, many organizations used to have…strict policies against the use of social media…while at work,…but that has been changing as corporations…are seeing the benefits of integrating social media…into their daily business functions.…This has lead to more lenient policies…that allow employees to use social media…while they're at work.…
Another technology that has really become popular…is the use of cloud services within organizations.…For example, my company doesn't run our own…email servers anymore.…Instead, we outsource that to a cloud provider.…Many employees have their own personal Dropbox…or Google Drive accounts,…but what is your organizational policy…concerning the use of these services…from your work computers?…This is something you have to think hard about.…In an age where our organizations are fearful…
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research Methods
2 Security Activities across the Life Cycle
3. Collaboration with Other Business Units
What to do next2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.