In this video, learn how to integrate research into the business functions.
- [Instructor] As we discuss all of these…different technologies,…like social media, the cloud, big data,…and artificial intelligence,…we have to think ahead to how these technologies…might be integrated into our various business functions.…For example, many organizations used to have…strict policies against the use of social media…while at work,…but that has been changing as corporations…are seeing the benefits of integrating social media…into their daily business functions.…This has lead to more lenient policies…that allow employees to use social media…while they're at work.…
Another technology that has really become popular…is the use of cloud services within organizations.…For example, my company doesn't run our own…email servers anymore.…Instead, we outsource that to a cloud provider.…Many employees have their own personal Dropbox…or Google Drive accounts,…but what is your organizational policy…concerning the use of these services…from your work computers?…This is something you have to think hard about.…In an age where our organizations are fearful…
Looking for study partners?Join the CASP+ Exam study group
To effectively fight off malware and cyberattacks on an enterprise network, IT security professionals must understand how to collaborate with colleagues across their organization and research new and emerging threats. In this installment of the CASP+ Cert Prep series, instructor Jason Dion equips you with research methods and collaboration techniques that can help you implement secure designs in your business, as well as prepare for domain 5 of the CASP+ exam: Research, Development, and Collaboration. Learn methods for researching industry trends that could impact your network, review key security activities across both the systems and software development lifecycles, and discover how to collaborate with stakeholders in a range of different roles, from database administrators to HR teams.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research Methods
2 Security Activities across the Life Cycle
3. Collaboration with Other Business Units
What to do next2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.