- If you were to come up to me and go,…"Mike, my computer's running slow.…What's the one thing I can do…to make my computer run faster?"…Well, first I'd say clear all that malware off (laughs),…but really what I'd say is add more RAM.…It's amazing to me how adding RAM…to a system can improve performance…and if the CompTIA A+ asks you…a question like that,…be sure to answer in kind.…Adding RAM is easy, it's simple,…and it's a great benefit.…RAM's cheap and if you want to look like a hero,…go up to somebody who's computer is running slow,…slap some more RAM in there…and all of the sudden they're like,…"Wow! Mike you're an amazing computer technician."…(laughs) Yeah, whatever, so…let's talk about adding RAM to your system.…
The first thing, the most important thing…you can do is grab your motherboard book.…If you don't have a motherboard book…go online, find it online.…If you just have a manufacturer…and you don't know what your motherboard is,…go to your manufacturer's website.…If you're using a laptop, get the model number.…
The CompTIA A+ 220-901 exam is comprised of six key parts. The first, core processing, is covered by this course. Instructor Mike Meyers explains the fundamentals of PCs, microprocessors, RAM, and BIOS. He also shows you how to set up, connect, maintain, and troubleshoot the main components of a computer.
Note: The six courses designed for the CompTIA A+ (220-901) exam preparation include core processing, core hardware, peripherals and building a PC, displays and printers, networking, and laptops and mobile devices.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- How do personal computers (PCs) work?
- What is a central processing unit (CPU)?
- When is random access memory (RAM) used?
- What is a basic input/output system (BIOS)?
- Installing a CPU
- Working with extensions and sockets
- Troubleshooting RAM
- Setting up a BIOS