Organizations use information classification to help users understand the security requirements around handling different types of information. In this video, learn information classification techniques, including assigning information to classification levels, labeling classified information, and proper information handling and disposal practices.
- [Narrator] Organizations use information…classification to help users…understand the security requirements…around handling different types of information.…Data collision policies describe…the security levels of information…used in an organization…and the process for assigning information…to a particular classification level.…The different security categories…or classifications used by an organization…determine the appropriate storage, handling,…and access requirements for classified information.…
Security classifications are assigned…based upon both the sensitivity of the information…and the criticality of that information to the enterprise.…Classification schemes vary,…but all basically try to group information…into high, medium, and low sensitivity levels…and differentiate between public and private information.…The military uses the familiar top secret,…secret, confidential, and unclassified scheme,…while a business might use friendlier terms…to accomplish the same goal.…
Data classification is extremely important…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.