Personnel are often the weakest link in the security chain. In this video, Mike Chapple explains how cybersecurity professionals can improve personnel security through addressing policy violations, understanding the insider threat, and managing the use of personal email and cloud accounts.
- [Narrator] People are often…the weakest link in the security chain,…and personnel security should be…an important part of the foundation…of any cybersecurity program.…It's very important to have strong security policies…that clearly outline expectations…for individual behavior, as well as the consequences…for failing to comply with policy.…Personnel security programs…should be built upon educating employees…about these policies and each employee's role…in protecting the enterprise.…
As you build your personnel security program,…you should design explicit procedures…that describe how you will handle violations…of security policy.…This is often a tricky situation…that requires coordination between the cybersecurity team,…managers throughout the organization,…the legal team, and the human resources department.…You should never approach an individual…about a policy violation…without first consulting with management.…You might wind up causing more trouble…than you expected.…
One of the specific issues that you should address…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.