Learn how to identify data before migrating to the cloud.
- [Instructor] Data classification.…When it comes to your company's most important asset,…which is likely your data,…you want to make sure that you classify the data.…Classifying data is a process of categorizing data assets…based on nominal values according to it sensitivity.…Classifying data hopefully in your organization…is a priority…and generally a routine exercise as well.…
When it comes to data classifications…commercial and government both vary in classifications.…Generally what I've seen is the commercial sector…does a pretty good job in specific areas,…like financial and insurance.…When it comes to government they do a great job…at classifying data.…Classifications should clearly define the type of data…and its confidentiality.…
Data classification should be part of a solid lifecycle…and data management process.…The classification generally should be defined…by the data owner and or perhaps the stakeholders as well.…When setting data classifications…there's generally several steps…that you'll want to be aware of…
This course can prepare you for the qualifying exam by covering the topics outlined in domain 2.0 of the CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) certification exam: Security. Instructor Joseph Holbrook reviews concepts that can help both experienced IT professionals prepping for exam CV0-002, and current certification holders who need to renew their certification. Joseph reviews security and compliance best practices; security template and access control lists; how to implement the right security technologies; and security automation techniques. He also goes over how to troubleshoot security and connectivity issues.
- Identifying cloud encryption technology
- Tunneling protocols
- Access control lists
- Implementing defined security technologies
- Segmentation and micro-segmentation
- Compliance requirements
- Security automation techniques
- Identifying common networking issues
- Types of cloud attacks